Think-Xchange Terms & Conditions
Access to this site:
You agree to use this site only for the lawful purposes described in more detail in the “Restrictions on Use” section below. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the site, render the site inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the site or the Content. You agree not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Content, or to attempt to access any Content that is not intended for you. You agree not to use the site in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties. To access this site or some of the resources it has to offer, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of this site that all the information you provide on this site will be correct, current, and complete. If our Company believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, we have the right to refuse you access to this site or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time, without notice.
Restrictions on use:
The material and Content accessible from this site, and any other World Wide Web site owned, operated, licensed, or controlled by our Company is the proprietary information of our Company or the party that provided the Content to our Company, and our Company or the party that provided the Content to our Company retains all right, title, and interest in the Content. Accordingly, the Content may not be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, posted, or transmitted in any way without the prior written consent of our Company, or unless authorized in writing elsewhere on our site, except that you may print out a copy of the Content solely for your personal use. You are prohibited from using any of the marks or logos appearing throughout the site without the express written permission of our Company.
This site and its Content are protected by U.S. and/or foreign copyright laws, and belong to the Company or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties. The copyrights for the Content are owned by the Company or other copyright owners who have authorized their use on this site. You may download and reprint Content for non-commercial, non-public, personal use only (If you are browsing this site as an employee or member of any business or organization, you may download and re-print Content only for educational or other non-commercial purposes within your business or organization, except as otherwise permitted by the Company, for example in certain password-restricted areas of the site). You may not manipulate or alter in any way images or other Content on the site.
You understand that our Company cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this site for the reconstruction of any lost data. Our Company does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of the Internet.
THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE AND BY COMPANY AND ANY THIRD-PARTY SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY PART OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BULLETIN BOARDS, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE IT AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR MATERIALS ON THIS SITE OR ON THIRD-PARTY SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY.
Limitation on liability
Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors will not be liable for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including loss of revenue or income, pain and suffering, emotional distress, or similar damages, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the collective liability of company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers, and directors, to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid to company for the applicable content, product or service out of which liability.
Code of Conduct
We focus on building a positive community for others to thrive and grow. You may not post, send, submit, publish, or transmit in connection with this site any material that:
- You do not have the right to post, including proprietary material of any third party
- Advocates illegal activity or discusses an intent to commit an illegal act
- Is vulgar, obscene, pornographic, or indecent
- Does not pertain directly to this site
- Threatens or abuses others, libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive
- Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise
- Infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks or their rights of publicity
- Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law
- Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content
- Advertises any commercial endeavor (e.g., offering for sale products or services) or otherwise engages in any commercial activity (e.g., conducting raffles or contests, displaying sponsorship banners, and/or soliciting goods or services) except as may be specifically authorized on this site
- Solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors
- Includes programs which contain viruses, worms and/or Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via this site
- Includes MP3 format files
- Amounts to a ‘pyramid’ or similar scheme
- Disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of this site or any networks connected to this site
- Contains hyper-links to other sites that contain content that falls within the descriptions set forth above
Notwithstanding these rights, you remain solely responsible for the content of your Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that neither Company nor any third party that provides Content to Company will assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Company or such third party with respect to any Submission.
Claims of copyright infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under the U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Company infringe your copyright, you, or your agent may send to Company a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it be blocked. Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon Company actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send to Computer a counter-notice. All notices and counter notices must meet the then current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details.
Class Action Waiver
You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless all relevant parties specifically agree to do so following initiation of the arbitration.
If any clause within the Terms of Service (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from the Terms of Service, and the remainder of these Terms of Service will be given full force and effect. If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, the dispute will be decided by a court.